Obesity is a widespread epidemic. How to gain weight fast is an issue for people concerned about their health as well as those who are looking to put on muscle mass or bulk up quickly.
If you are looking to gain weight fast at home, there is no need for supplements or pills.
You can get the right nutrients your body needs by following these simple guidelines (read below).
This article explains a simple strategy to get a healthy weight — the right way.
## What is Weight Gain and Why is It Necessary?
Weight gain is how much weight you put on overtime. Sometimes, people need to gain weight fast at home because they are underweight or not putting enough calories into their bodies each day.
Other times, people want to bulk up quickly for sports like football and rugby by gaining muscle mass (the amount of physical material in our bodies).
Some people are underweight because they have a medical condition that makes it hard to eat enough calories, or their body just doesn't use the calories correctly.
People who suffer from anorexia nervosa often need to gain weight fast in order to get healthy again. These individuals commonly lose too much muscle mass when they don't consume enough calories.
The weight gain process includes eating more calories than you burn every day, which is the only way for your body to add on pounds of mass.
If you eat too many calories and don't use them up, they get stored as fat in our bodies.
People who are looking to bulk up quickly how to gain weight fast by eating a lot of healthy, nutrient-dense foods each day. This means they should eat whole grains, vegetables, and fruits instead of processed sugars and starches.
## What are the Health Risks of Being Underweight?
Being underweight is not only a personal issue but also a public health one.
Being Underweight Can Increase Your Risk of Chronic Diseases Too!
People who are underweight have a significantly higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
Some of the known causes of being underweight are -
1. Too Much Stress - Not only does stress cause problems such as being underweight or overweight, but it is also directly linked to an increase in heart disease and stroke risk factors.
2. Poor Nutrition Intake / Eating Disorder - It has been found out through research studies that most people who are underweight have a history of an eating disorder.
3. Not Getting Enough Sleep - This can be related to how much stress someone is under, how many hours they spend exercising, or how well their nutritional intake is for the day.
4. Thyroid - Thyroid hypertrophy caused by an overactive thyroid increases metabolism and causes rapid, unhealthy weight loss.
5. Infection - Malaria and other parasites, as well as bacterial and viral gastrointestinal diseases, can cause significant weight loss.
6. Diabetes -Type 1 diabetes without a cure
7. Cancer - Cancers often cause people to become weaker and lose weight.
8. Genetics - Occasionally, it's simple genetics that causes a person to be underweight.
There's no need to worry if you're not able to gain weight because it can be easily achieved by following the how-to-gain weight fast tips.
The best part is that you can achieve this without disrupting your regular routine -
First, watch your calorie intake; it's not about how much you eat but more about what you eat.
Second, make sure that every meal is packed with healthy calories like proteins and complex carbohydrates since these are needed for gaining weight quickly.
Third, get enough sleep because this helps in building muscle mass.
And lastly, weight gain cannot be achieved by working out alone. You need a healthy diet and workout plan for the best results.
Finally, fast weight gain is not about being big-boned or heavy built but it's all about regular workouts combined with a proper diet.
Here are some healthy ways to gain weight when you are underweight -
1) Make sure that all of the food you're eating is nutrient-dense (containing lots of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats). Stay away from refined sugars or foods with trans fats.
2) Try adding more calories throughout the day by drinking a protein shake or smoothie in addition to three meals per day.
3) Eat high-calorie snacks between meals - fruit filled with peanut butter for instance is a tasty way to get an additional 200 calories per snack without feeling too full.
It's important to gain weight fast in a healthy way by avoiding certain foods -
1) First, stay away from full-fat dairy products since they have high saturated fats and calories which aren't very good for weight gain.
2) Second, limit carbohydrates intake such as pasta or bread because these don't contain enough nutrients and add empty calories that will help you gain weight.
3) Third, avoid excess sugar intake including soda or fruit juice which are high in fructose and can lead to obesity.
4) Fourth, limit your alcohol consumption because of the low amount of nutrition these drinks contain.
5) Sleeping! Yes, this is one of the fastest ways to gain weight without hitting the gym :-)
6) Finally, avoid processed & junk foods that are filled with refined sugars or high sodium content which can cause many health problems.
Many people struggle to gain weight, and it can be difficult to know how to do this.
However, there are plenty of ways you can increase your caloric intake.
Here are 10 tips to gain weight fast that will help you reach your goal!
1. Eat a lot of carbs - Your body will have the energy it needs if you consume foods that are high in fat, such as bananas, oats, quinoa, blueberries, sweet potatoes, cheese, dark chocolate. Also, make sure to eat at least three healthy meals each day.
2. Drink lots of milk and eat cheese to get calcium - If you're drinking milk, stick to full-fat varieties. It's preferable to drink at least one glass of whole milk each day.
3. Eat eggs for protein - Another how to gain weight fast tip is by consuming food rich in protein such as eggs because it's one of the top muscle-building foods you can eat, especially first thing in the morning.
4. Get enough sleep to avoid stress hormones that make you lose weight - Sleeping adequately is critical for muscular development.
5. Don't skip meals - your body will start burning muscle instead of fat if you do this.
6. Exercise! This helps burn calories and also builds muscle which makes you heavier overall.
7. Take vitamin D supplements for strong bones and teeth.
8. Make sure to eat breakfast in the morning because it will help with hunger throughout the day.
9. Drink plenty of water throughout the day but avoid drinking too much right before your meals - this will fill up your stomach with unnecessary water weight.
10. Eat more superfoods like avocados, beef, salmon, nuts, and seeds - include almonds as they contain both protein and calories.
11. Eat lots of ice cream and other desserts - you can have healthy chocolate dishes like energy bites, no-guilt chocolate truffles, and chocolate peanut butter avocado pudding.
12. Have a carbohydrate-heavy meal before bed so your body can use it for energy while you sleep.
Gaining weight is a very personal process that can be challenging for some people.
Sometimes, you need to gain weight fast at home because your body needs more calories and nutrients than it is getting from food alone.
You can get the right nutrients your body needs by following the above-mentioned simple guidelines.
We hope that this blog post has given you some helpful information on how to put more calories into your diet and what types of food will help with gaining muscle mass quickly.